Saturday, September 12, 2009

Zesty Garlic Pepper Grilled Chicken

This was the first solo dinner I made in the apartment. Truthfully, this was really easy and it was through an experimental idea in my head.



The quality of the picture could've been better, but it was snapped with my phone because I didn't anticipate creating a blog following my cooking adventures. Unfortunately, I don't have exact measurements for each ingredient because much of this recipe was eyeballed.

Zesty Garlic Pepper Grilled Chicken
 One serving.


Ingredients

- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Oregano
- Pepper
- Lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- 1 small chicken breast
- 1 small onion, minced
- Rosemary
- A pinch of salt
- Parsely, chopped
- A pinch of paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic salt


Directions

1. Squeeze the lemon into a bowl.
2. Add all of the other ingredients except for the lemon pepper seasoning.
3. Whisk together the ingredients. Add a pinch of lemon pepper seasoning and continue whisking.
4. Place chicken breast into mixture and let it soak on each side for 2 minutes.
5. Add a dash of lemon pepper seasoning on each side and rub chicken thoroughly.
6. Place in bag or container for at least 48 hours.
7. Grill the chicken and enjoy!

I must admit that I made the yellow rice from a box. It was delicious. The salad is romaine lettuce, feta cheese (crumbled), garlic croutons, and zesty italian dressing. The combination was wonderful. However, since this is grilled chicken, there are many ways to eat this. Be creative unlike me!

No comments:

Post a Comment