Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla

I'm not a fan of spicy foods, but I love the flavor of buffalo. I decided to make a small quesadilla for dinner last night instead of a buffalo chicken sandwich. This was extremely easy to make and it turned out quite delicious. I also love ranch dressing; I'll eat with almost anything including fries (any potato product actually), chicken, sandwiches, and salads. I would also add it to whatever I can.


I wish I took a picture of the quesadilla's filling, but I wasn't thinking at the time. It would've been nice for you to see what it looked like inside. Oh well. The quesadilla only fit on half of the plate because it was that small. This would make the perfect snack =].



Buffalo Chicken Quesadilla
1 serving.

Ingredients

- 2 small flour tortillas
- Buffalo wing sauce (I used Frank's)
- Cooked sliced chicken breast (I cheated like in the previous post and used Perdue Carved Chicken Breast)
- Provolone cheese
- Ranch dressing

Directions

1. Place one tortilla in a small frying pan on low heat (you do not want to burn your quesadilla).
2. Take one slice of cheese and tear it into pieces. Organize the pieces in a way that it covers the tortilla, but leaves about a free edge around the tortilla of about a centimeter. The reason you want a small edge to be free is so the cheese doesn't melt into the frying pan making a sticky quesadilla.
3. Let the cheese melt a tiny bit. Add chicken breast flat on the tortilla (i.e. do not overlap chicken pieces because then the quesadilla would be lumpy).
4. Pour a bit or spread as much buffalo sauce as you please.
5. Optional: Add a little bit of ranch.
6. Place the other tortilla on top of the contents in the frying pan.
7. Flip the tortilla and let it cook for about 30 seconds.
8. Place on a plate and dip in ranch dressing.

Enjoy! This goes great with baked fries or salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment