Monday, September 21, 2009

Easy Garlic Pasta with Sausage

I love pasta because it's so simple to make, yet so versatile. It's comfort food that I always will love. This dish is super easy (much simpler than yesterday's recipe) and delicious (and also fattening, but lets pretend it's okay).




Easy Garlic Pasta with Sausage


Ingredients

- Spaghetti pasta
- 2 cups of olive oil
- 2 whole pieces of garlic, minced
- Chopped parsely
- Chicken sausage (a much healthier alternative)
- Parmesan cheese

Directions

1. Cook pasta according to box directions. Drain pasta when finished.
2. Heat the olive oil into a medium saucepan. Then add the minced garlic and let the garlic sizzle.
3. In a small frying pan, cook the sausage as desired (I fried my sausage using fat-free cooking spray).
4. Gently pour the pasta into the olive oil and garlic mixture. Stir enough that the garlic gets mixed throughout the pasta.
5. Add the parsely and continue stiring. Add a few shakes of parmesan cheese and stir.
6. Add the chicken sausage or serve pasta and place the sausage on top.

Enjoy!

Edit at 6:42 pm
I had leftovers from last night. Instead of reheating in the microwave, I decided to reheat through a frying pan. I made a slight change to the recipe that really enhances the flavor. I poured about a tablespoon of olive oil into the frying pan, cooked my sausage as I did before. Then I threw in the cold pasta and stirred the pasta with the sausage for it to warm up. After it warmed up, I added about 2 tablespoons of Zesty Italian Dressing and some feta cheese (crumbled). I mixed it and let the cheese soften a tad bit. It was even more incredible than last night. Yay for being a little creative with leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment