Friday, October 16, 2009

Creamy Chicken Pasta

Where on earth have I been? Well, it was that time of the semester when things got extremely busy. I had projects and a lot of midterms. I took my last midterm yesterday. I haven't really cooked much except yesterday and today. Yesterday, my apartmentmates and I made turkey hot dog fried rice. We didn't have any meat that was ready for the fried rice. There's no point in posting the recipe because it was virtually the same as my chicken fried rice recipe.

Anyway, I just made dinner. I wanted something quick because I was impatient =p. I knew I wanted pasta, however. I looked in the pantry and saw some things I could use and this recipe was crafted!




Creamy Chicken Pasta
2-4 servings

Ingredients

- Pasta, cooked and drained (I used whole wheat rotini pasta.)
- 1 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) of cream of mushroom
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 3/4 cup of water

- Garlic salt
- Pepper
- Oregano
- 1 poached chicken breast, sliced and cubed

 - 4 saltine crackers


Directions

1. On a heated stove, pour the can of cream of mushroom into a pot.
2. Add the olive oil and water. Stir gently and let it sit for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add 1 cup of parmesan cheese, 2 dashes of garlic salt, 3 dashes of pepper, and 2 dashes of oregano. Stir.
4. Crumble 2 saltine crackers finely and add to mixture. Stir and let it sit for 2 minutes.
5. Add the chicken and stir. 
6. Add the remainder of parmesan cheese. Stir. Taste the mixture and add pepper and garlic salt to your liking. Stir.

7. Add the pasta and 2 finely crumbled saltine crackers. Stir. 
8. Let it sit for 2 minutes.
8. Serve and sprinkle parmesan on top for an extra kick.


Enjoy! I might make this again with a different type of pasta and with cream of chicken.

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! Can't go wrong with cream of X soup for a quick sauce. I have a stroganoff that I make with cream of mushroom, it's one of my girlfriends favorite things.

    ReplyDelete